Tuesday 3 November 2020

If you're planning to run onstage in a gorilla suit and surprise someone, always check first to see whether the person you're surprising has taken so much acid before the show that they are unable to differentiate between a man in a gorilla costume and an actual gorilla

I thought it would be funny if I hired a gorilla costume and ran onstage during their [Iggy Pop and the Stooges'] set  - you know, just adding to the general mayhem and anarchy. Instead , I was taught an important life lesson, which is this: if you're planning to run onstage in a gorilla suit and surprise someone, always check first to see whether the person you're surprising has taken so much acid before the show that they are unable to differentiate between a man in a gorilla costume and an actual gorilla. I discovered this when my appearance was greeted not with gales of laughter but the sight of Iggy Pop screaming and shrinking away from me in terror.  

E.H. John, Me (2019), 332-3 

No comments:

Post a Comment